Youth Pioneer Society has announced open registration for its latest program, “The Young Parliamentarian”. The program, carried under the patronage of H.E. Khalifa Aldhahrani, Chairman of the Council of Representatives, aims to engage Bahraini youth aged 17-27 and provide them the skills necessary to participate in moderated discussions on social and civil issues, and develop their ability to structure their thinking on such issues, formulate positions and then share them through discussion and debate with other youth, parliamentarians, and government officials. It consists of three phases: training and development, application, and a visit to the UK’s Youth Parliament.
Participants will go through training in Leadership, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, Freedom of Speech Etiquette, and Professional Etiquette. They’ll then be given the opportunity to practice what they’ve learned in two roundtable discussions with the presence of members of the parliament to discuss civil and social issues affecting youth.
Registration is open through January 20, 2014 and following are the registration requirements:
- Good command of Arabic and English (Spoken and Written)
- Must hold Bahraini citizenship
- Be between the ages of 17-25 years
- Pay the registration fee of BD30 on the day of the program’s orientation, which occurs on January 31st, 2014
- Pass the individual interview, which shall occur on Thursday, January 23, 2014
- The program will last for almost 6 months (Feb – Jun 2014), and the group meetings will occur twice monthly, most only Friday and Saturday mornings.